Help US Eliminate the Barriers to Success
Share the documentary in your community, district and school and help start a conversation about what is needed in your school and district to improve outcomes or all students. #EliminatetheBarriers
What you can do:
- Share the Leading with Heart trailer on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and anywhere else, and encourage people to view the full documentary.
- Send an email to your local School Board chair person and ask them to view the documentary with the rest of the School Board and then to have a conversation about what they are doing in their district to improve outcomes for all students.
- Send an email to your local Principal and ask them to view the documentary with their staff and then to have a conversation about what they are doing to improve outcomes for all students.
- Have a screening in your local community and discuss what you think are the barriers in your community to positive outcomes for all students. Make a list of those barriers and share them at the next School Board or School Site Council meeting.
- Tell us how you used the documentary or share new ideas with us on what else to do. Create a message with the title #EliminatetheBarriers and post it to our Facebook page and yours, or share on twitter @aesimpact so we can learn from one another.
HELP US START A MOVEMENT!! LET THE VOICES OF STUDENTS LEAD THE CONVERSATION!
#Barriers2u: Students Speaking Out and Taking Action
Watch #Barriers2u and then:
- Share #Barriers2U on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and anywhere else.
- Create your own Barriers2U message: Post it on You Tube with the title “#2Barriers2U”, then post it to our Facebook page and yours. We’ll share it on Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram- as can you!
- Tell us How You Can Eliminate the Barriers: Create a message with the title #EliminatetheBarriers and post it to our Facebook page and yours. We’ll share it on Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram- and Instagram-as you can.
- Write for the #Barriers2U blog, share a post on the blog or comment on post.
- Write your local congressperson via Twitter or Facebook and ask them “What are you doing to #EliminatetheBarriers?”
- Go to a local School Board Meeting and during public comment ask your local school board members “What are you doing to eliminate the Barriers?”
- Vote in the next election or get your parents and community members to vote for the candidates at the state and local level who take the pledge to #EliminatetheBarriers!