Voices of Change Community
Creating Space for Young Artists to Express How Covid-19 is Affecting Them
Who We Are
Voices of Change is an initiative of The Alliance for Education Solutions under the Sacramento Youth Alliance which includes groups of youth that advocate around issues they feel passionate about while organizing community showcases that highlight youth voice and young talent to be able to create change.
What We Do
- Support youth to speak their truth and advocate for issues they feel passionate about.
- Advocate for systemic change working with community partners, leaders in the communities, and people in power.
- Provide a safe space for young people to share their passions, talents, and abilities to create change.
- Encourage a platform for young activists to organize, share talents, and get involved with adult allies in the community.
- Train the next generation of young leaders on civic engagement and how to understand systems change.
Your Voice. Your Vote. Your Power.
Join us on Saturday, September 3rd 2022 from 1:30PM-3:30PM on the California Capital west side steps as we bring together youth voices to speak up about the issues most important to them and learn about the importance of registering to vote. Are you between the ages of 13-24 and want to perform a creative piece? Register by July 22nd using this form: https://forms.gle/JypgrpEUANRboPmFA
Looking for more opportunities? Join us on August 20th in District 2 in Sacramento, CA 2pm-4pm and August 27th in District 5 in Sacramento, CA 2pm-4pm for similar opportunities. Email Ana Taukolo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.